2010 92' ALLSEAS STEEL EXPEDITION YACHT
FT LAUDERDALE, FL
Overview of the Yacht
Drone video - Sea of Cortez
Pilothouse and Helm
Bridge Helm and Upper Deck
Cockpit, Swim step, and Stern Anchoring System
Panama Canal Trip
Designer and Builder Tim Alls explains the advanced fire system aboard the yacht
CLICK TO SEE 360 VIEWS
The yacht recently received a number of significant upgrades:
* All interior wood floors were upgraded to custom Jatoba wood (Brazilian Cherry) floors that were hand mil, hand leveled and sanded, and then received 9 coats of finish.
* The AC system was upgraded to a sealed keel cooled system
* The yacht received complete exterior paint touch up and detailing.
* The original fire detection and suppression system was replaced and updated to a computerized PLC controlled 3-step system
HIGHLITES OF UNIQUE FEATURES:
Here are just a few of the design features that make the 92' Allseas the fantastic yacht that it is:
* PLC stand-alone computer modules all troughout the vessel that are accessed via each PLC's unique web page (IP address). Attachd to the Fire System, HVAC system, Bilge alarms, Tanks, Engines and generators, Dock Water Pressure, and other systems. Can be accessed, viewed, and, in some cases, accessed, via any smartphone, tablet, or computer while onboard the vessel.
* Systems Monitoring and Control System (SMACS) – Custom designed proprietary system by AllSeas Yachts
*$1,000,000 paint job - hand finished so that the hull looks like the finish of a fiberglass hull. Paint used was Allcraft 2000 Polyurethane. To redo the paint all that is needed is wet sanding, starting with 600 grit and graduating to 1200 grit wet sand paper. That’s is to redo the paint finish!
* 19" Bow and Stern thrusters w/ steel guards for protection from underwater logs, etc.
* All interior walls are Non-bearing walls that can be reconfiguring to modify the layout.
* Forward facing pilot house windows designed to survive 80' waves.
* Small forward deck volume avoids instability when filled by large waves.
* Tender deck capable of storing two 20' + tenders. Larger tenders can be accommodated by removing aft rails.
* 10,000 lb extendable crane w/ full 360 rotation - can load and unload from either side or stern.
* Rudders are designed to be able to be removed via the onboard crane.
* Bow and stern 180 Ton hydraulic "fisherman's" anchor winch - NOT capstain and chain locker that lead to chain jams. 350 pound anchor hooked to 90 feet of 7/8" galvanized chain followed by 200 feet of 1/2 inch high tensile chain followed by 300 feet of steel cable. This can only be done on a drum....it is faster and safer than a capstan. With the long scope and the heavy chain hooked to the anchor you will hold fast even in the worst conditions.
* Engines "floats" on vibration-eliminating mounts and are connected to shafts via isolation joints - virtually eliminating vibration and noise for the engines.
* Shafts connected via break-away shear pins - prevents propeller, transmission, and shaft damage.
* Shaft lock-arms for fast shaft shear pin changes.
* AC closed-keel cooling system.
* Stabilizer forward "fins" designed to support the weight of the boat.
* 12" x 12" x 1 1/4" steel I-beam keel designed to support the weight of the boat.
* Skaggs under our propellers, 2 1/2" solid steel that protects the props and supports the rudders.
* 58" propellers rotate at low speeds - give the vessel 15gph running both engines and a generator.
* Hull are built to exceed commercial class ABS ratings....Can easily plow through light ice conditions with their 1 inch thick stem piece and 3/8 thick steel bottoms.
* Framing is 48" centered frames with longitudinal every 12 inches (12"!!).....just like the fishing boats the builder has built (43 boats to date).
* The pilot house and rigging are all aluminum to keep the center of gravity low on the vessel.
* Hull materials: ASTM A-36 Mild Steel (3/8” bottom, 5/16” hull sides, 1/4” bulwarks and saloon sides)
* Pilot House & Fly bridge material: Aluminum 5086-h116
* Keel material: Steel I-Beam, 110lbs/foot
* Exhaust: Centex water drop mufflers
* Air Intake to Engine Room: Delta "T" Systems
* Engine Controls: ZF 3 System Micro Commander Electronic
* Reduction Gear: ZF-650 deep case 4.057:1 reduction
* Vibration Isolation: Sounddown vibration isolation mounts for engine and transmissions.
* Isolation Drive System: Poseidon Drive Systems using remote mounted thrust bearing plates and CV joints to isolate the main engines/transmissions from the hull and propeller shafts.
* Propeller Shafts: Aquamet 21, 4" diameter shafts
* Propeller Protection: Power Train savers driveline
couplers w/ replaceable shear pins designed to in the event that a propeller were to contact another object such as a floating log etc.
* Propeller Shaft Locking Mechanism: Each propeller shaft can be locked in position for single screw operation or repair.
* Line Cutters: Spurs brand line cutters
* Stuffing Box: Johnson Duramax w/ GFO dripless packing gland material with Emergency Air Seal Bladder for maintenance or repair.
* Data Acquisition: Computer data acquisition for engine/trans, electrical systems, tanks, bilges, and many other systems
* Shore Power: 240/120 VAC, 2 X 50 Amps. Two 100 foot power cords on Glenndenning auto winding system.
* Isolation Transformer: Charles C-Power auto boosting transformer
* Steering: Custom designed by AllSeas Yachts
* Bow/Stern Thrusters: KeyPower
* Bow Anchor Winch:Pilkington (28) diameter drum with 700’ of combined SS cable and galvanized chain.
* Stern Anchor Winch: Pilkington (28) diameter drum
* Stabilizers: KeyPower 24 sq ft
* Deck Crane:10,000 lb. by Auto Crane
* Hydraulic Pumps: Pressure compensating, flow compensating hydraulic pumps driven off of 55KW generators (each), not off the engines.
* Hot Water:Toyotomi on demand diesel fired boiler (16gpm)
* Forward Facing Pilot House Windows & Corners: 1” laminated clear tempered glass
* Pilot House Side Windows & Saloon Windows: 1/2” laminated grey, 1/4” air space, 1/4" clear tempered glass, dual pane.
* Master Stateroom Windows: 1” laminated grey tempered glass with 1/4" air space, 1/4'” clear tempered glass, dual pane.
* Electrically heated floors in all bathrooms
* HVAC SYSTEM : Chilled Water / Refrigeration: 15 tons of refrigeration, 3ea. 5 ton compressors w/ sealed keel cooled system.
It starts at the bottom of the boat with a 110 pound keel that separates you from the rocks.....12 by 12 by 1 1/4 inch steel I beam. Notice the skegs under our propellers, 2 1/2 solid steel that protects the props and supports the rudders. On most boats the props are totally exposed and logs can wipe them out not to mention bumping into a rock! We turn 58 inch props as slow as possible.....that's the equation for less fuel burned. We typically use 15 gallons per hour running two engines and a generator....not bad for a 175 ton Expedition Yacht.
Our Hulls are built to exceed commercial class ABS ratings....They can easily plow through light ice conditions with their 1 inch thick stem piece and 3/8 thick steel bottoms.....look at the framing of these boats....48 inch centered frames with longitudinals every 12 inches.....just like the fishing boats we used to build. The pilot house and rigging is all aluminum to keep the center of gravity low on the vessel. The hull passes a damage stability test and has been incline tested to carry 10,000 pounds of toys on the boat deck. The deck crane is a telescoping 10,000 pound capacity with a hand held remote control.
We have 19 inch Hydraulic Bow and Stern thruster for easy docking... with steel guards for protection from logs. We have a bow and stern anchor winch....not a Capstan and chain locker. The secret to anchoring is in the layering of the chain. We start with a 350 pound anchor hooked to 90 feet of galvanized chain followed by 200 feet of 1/2 inch high tensile chain followed by 300 feet of steel cable. This can only be done on a drum....it is faster and safer than a capstan. With the long scope and the heavy chain hooked to the anchor you will hold fast even in the worst conditions.
AllSeas Yachts Expedition 92’
Hull material: Steel
Engines: 2 X 600 HP Cummins KTA19-M3
Displacement Full Load: 175LT
Cruise Speed: 10 knots
Maximum Speed: 12-14 knots
Range: 5,000 nautical miles
Hull Material:ASTM A-36 Mild Steel (3/8” bottom, 5/16” hull sides, 1/4” bulwarks and saloon sides) Pilot House & Fly bridge: Aluminum 5086-h116
Keel:Steel I-Beam, 110lbs/foot
Water Tight Compartments: 4 ea
Sonar Tube:10” steel
Salon is located aft of amidships, complete with leather couch with matching ottoman, two occasional chairs, end tables, elegant circular dining table for 4 – 6 persons, and entertainment center with 40” flat screen TV, and buffet counter.
Galley is located amidships on level two. Country Kitchen Style with large 6 person dining settee and three swing out chairs at galley island.
Pantry is located forward between galley and master. Complete with cabinets, True glass door commercial duty refrigerator and freezer. Day head located to port.
Master Stateroom is located on main deck forward of amidships in bow area. Full width master with king size bed located on main deck forward of amidships complete with fainting couch, night stand cabinets, office desk, 37” flat screen TV and large windows port and starboard with Lutron electric roman shades.
Master Head is located forward in bow on level 2, with double vanity, large shower with seat, his/ hers closets, enclosed toilet space. Heated flooring used in primary space.
Pilot House is located on level three forward, complete with 2 ea. Stidd custom leather helm chairs, elevated settee for 6, navigation/office space with full size chart table and separated entertainment lounge area with built in L-shaped couch.
Crew Quarters are located in bow area, level one. 2 ea. V-berths, counter tops with storage cabinets, settee and table, large bathroom with heated flooring and shower with seat.
Foyer/Laundry Center is located at base of stairs on level 1 between the crew quarters and the guest staterooms. Whirlpool clothes washing machine and two Whirlpool clothes dryers are enclosed behind cabinet doors.
Guest Staterooms are located on level 1, 2 ea port and starboard twin berth staterooms located forward of amidships, guest heads with heated floors and shower, hanging lockers, under berth storage and center night stand cabinet between the berths. Port and starboard queen berth staterooms located amidships, guest head with heated flooring and shower, hanging lockers, desk top, and two bedside night stands.
Engine Room is located aft of guest staterooms.
Lazzarette is located aft of engine room.
Water Tight Bulkheads/Doors: 4 watertight compartments on lowest level.
Swim Step is 4’ wide on stern with entry thru a water tight door into the lazarrette / engine room, entry stairs to the aft deck on level 2.
Aft Deck is located aft of saloon on level 2, with oval dining table for 8 persons, complete with electric BBQ, beverage cooler, bait tank.
Walk Around Side Decks - port and starboard walk around side decks with entry doors and stairs to level 3 (boat deck and pilot house).
Boat Deck is located aft on level 3 with chocks for two 20’ tenders, 7 cu.ft. freezer and stairs to fly bridge.
Pilot House is located forward on level 3 with entry doors located port, starboard and aft. Portuguese Bridge is located forward of pilot house on level three with storage for yacht fenders and lines.
Foredeck - Pilkington anchor winch and anchor chain wash down area.
Fly Bridge is located on level 4, with helm station controls, 3 ea. Navigator helm chairs, wet bar, two elevated forward facing bench seats for three persons, two L-shaped couches with coffee tables, hot tub for six persons and opening hatch in ceiling to access antennas on hardtop.
DESIGN & DECOR
Extensive use of African ribbon mahogany including cabinets, walls, interior doors and trim-out. Jatoba wood (Brazilian Cherry) floors in all staterooms and Carrerra marble flooring on all bathroom floors, shower surrounds and vanity counter tops. Granite counter tops throughout saloon, galley, pilot house, master stateroom and guest staterooms. Decorator fabrics and leather were selected for all upholstery. Padded wrapped panels and wallpaper combine with mahogany accents in each stateroom to create a pleasing ambiance.
The interior design of the yacht reflects a traditional yet modern feel, cozy, relaxed and comfortable. This is a family oriented yacht with numerous spacious areas to escape located throughout the yacht. Guests may choose to socialize with one another or to discover one of the many secluded spaces for enjoying their voyage in privacy.
Ovens: 2 stacked Wolf model DO-30F.
Refrigerators: 2 ea. Sub Zero 700BF with two ea. lower drawers.
Refrigerator: True T-12G SS with glass door
Freezer: Sub Zero 700BF under counter 2 drawer style
Freezer:True T12-FG SS with glass door
Stove Top Range:Wolf model # CT36EU glass top
Ice Maker:Wolf model # 315 IP
Wine Cooler: Sub Zero 315 W/O-LH
Trash Compactor: Broan 12 inch
Dishwasher: Fisher & Paykel SS dual drawer
Garbage Disposal: InSinkerator Evolution Excel
Microwave Oven:Sharp Carousel R-1874F 850 watts
ENGINE & GEAR
Make: Twin Cummins KTA19-M3
Horsepower: 600 HP continuous duty
Cooling: Heat Exchanger (raw water)
Exhaust: Centex water drop mufflers
Air Intake to Engine Room:Delta "T" Systems
Controls: ZF 3 System Micro Commander Electronic
Reduction Gear: ZF-650 deep case 4.057:1 reduction
Vibration Isolation: Sounddown vibration isolation mounts for engine and transmissions.
Isolation Drive System: Poseidon Drive Systems using remote mounted thrust bearing plates and CV joints to isolate the main engines/transmissions from the hull and propeller shafts.
Propellers: 4-blade bronze, 58' dis, 52" pitch
Propeller Shafts: Aquamet 21, 4" diameter shafts
Propeller Protection: Power Train savers driveline
couplers w/ replacable shear pins designed to in the event that a propeller were to contact another object such as a floating log etc.
Propeller Shaft Locking Mechanism: Each propeller shaft can be locked in position for single screw operation or repair.
Line Cutters: Spurs brand line cutters
Stuffing Box: Johnson Duramax w/ GFO dripless packing gland material with Emergency Air Seal Bladder for maintenance or repair.
Data Acquisition: Computer data acquisition for engine/trans
Two -Northern Lights:12kw nighttime / cruising generators
Two -John Deer:55kw generators
Shore Power:240/120 VAC, 2 X 50 Amps. Two 100 foot power cords on Glenndenning auto winding system.
Isolation Transformer: Charles C-Power auto boosting transformer
Split Bus:220 VAC
Steering:AllSeas Yachts design
Bow/Stern Thrusters: KeyPower
Bow Anchor Winch:Pilkington (28) diameter drum with 700’ of combined SS cable and galvanized chain.
Stern Anchor Winch: Pilkington (28) diameter drum
Stabilizers:KeyPower 24 sq ft
Deck Crane:10,000 lb. by Auto Crane
Hydraulic Pumps: Pressure compensating, flow compensating hydraulic pumps driven off of 55KW generators (each)
Fresh Water:1,000 gallons
Grey / Black Water: 900 gallons
Hot Water:Toyotomi on demand diesel fired boiler (16gpm)
Hydraulic Oil: 125 gallons
Engine Oil New: 55 gallons
Navigation-Furuno Navnet VX2 navigation system, Dual displays with: 72 mile radar model 1874, Depth Sounder,Water temp,Speed log,DGPS
Radar- Furuno 8062 Stand Alone 72 Mile
VHF Radios – 2 Icom M604 with multiple stations
SONAR – Furuno CH250 10 inch
Infrared Camera – FLIR model ___ with remote control
Satellite Telephone – Iridium, console mounted
Satellite TV- Sea Tel Coastal 24
GPS- Furuno DGP Model GP-37
Weather Station- AirMar with DGPS option
Weather/ Email- Skymate
Compass- Furuno SC-50 satellite compass
Compass- Richie 10 inch
Identification- Furuno FA-150 UAIS system with DGPS
Autopilot- ComNav 5001 digital with remote controller on 35’ cord
Horn and Whistle- Kahlenberg polished stainless steel with two control stations
Spot Light- Carlisle and Finch 15 inch (1 million) candle power, polished stainless steel with remote control
Systems Monitoring and Control System (SMACS) – Custom designed proprietary system by AllSeas Yachts
Aft pilot house 22 inch HP touch screen navigation computer system
Salon 19 inch Accer touch screen computer for music, lighting, and remote pilot house display
WINDOWS & DOORS
Forward Facing Pilot House Windows & Corners: 1” laminated clear tempered glass
Pilot House Side Windows & Saloon Windows: 1/2” laminated grey, 1/4” air space, 1/4" clear tempered glass, dual pane.
Master Stateroom Windows: 1” laminated grey tempered glass with 1/4" air space, 1/4'” clear tempered glass, dual pane.
Water Tight Doors: 4 ea. Water tight doors, 1 ea. exterior transom door by Pacific Coast Marine, 3 ea. interior water tight doors by Manly Marine.
Weather Tight Doors: 5 ea. Weather tight Dutch doors by Manly Marine
Chilled Water / Refrigeration: 15 tons of refrigeration, 3ea. 5 ton compressors w/ sealed keel cooled system
Hot Water Heating:Toyotomi diesel fired boiler supplies heated water to each air handler.
Electric Heating: Stateroom air handlers have built in electric strip heat to provide simultaneous air-conditioning and heating as well as dehumidification.
Air Handlers: Marine Air air handlers located throughout the yacht with climate controlled digital thermostats in each space.
© 2016 Randall Burg. All rights reserved Created and maintained by APP22UDE